Powercache Load Balancer is not a a different product, its an operating mode which is a L.7 load-balancer. It can dispatch the requests across a set of servers regarding the load balancing methods and many other parameters. All the servers are said symmetrical since they have the same role and the same feature. Such a set of server is called a cluster.
Powercache- Load Balance Appliance
POWERCACHE-Load Balance Appliance
• L.7 (OSI layer 7, application layer) means that the load balancing depends on information from the
protocol HTTP and even its pay load.
• The redundancy of the servers improves the availability of the application platform. It is also capable
to support a bigger load. In addition, given a load, the application become faster since the load per
server decreases and therefore the think time is shorter.
• The main difference is that Powercache uses a cluster instead of a single server and dispatches
queries to the servers of the cluster according to the load balancing method, the session tracking
information and the servers' health.
• A cluster is a set of servers parameterized with IP addresses and weights corresponding to the
respective capacities of the servers. It is described by a Cluster Profile. Deploying the load balancing
requires to define one or multiple Cluster Profile and to declare which one to use.
• This is achieved by selecting Use a Cluster in the Handling selector drop down and selecting cluster
in the Cluster drop down selector
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2407 v2 2.40GHz, 10M Cache, 6.4GT/s QPI, No Turbo, 4C, 80W, Max Mem 1333MHz
- RAM 16GB X 2 DDR4-2133
- SSD 160GB
- Dual Network interface 1Gb/s
- Remote Management Port
- Dual Power supply
**3 Year Basic Hardware Warranty **